This documentation describes what API you can use to customize your own Ecwid store or develop an app for Ecwid App Market that will be available to other Ecwid users.
In case you need to add a custom payment or shipping method that is not available in Ecwid or add some JS/CSS customizations to your store, then you can create a custom app on https://my.ecwid.com/#develop-apps page.
Our App Market welcomes any developer that wishes to publish an app that will bring or improve different e-commerce functionalities. Please fill out the form and we'll get back to you with the details on how to proceed with publishing your app.
You can also join our developer community on Slack.
Check out the latest changes made to the API Platform in our changelog:
You can subscribe to the RSS feed to get notifications each time the changelog is updated. This way, you'll automatically get the most recent updates about new API features.
To subscribe to the RSS feed, you'll need to install any RSS Feed Reader.
How to install an RSS Feed Reader:
For example, if you use Google Chrome, you can do it this way:
- Go to the "Chrome web store".
- Type "RSS" in the search field, or just click here to open the page with the needed search results.
- Choose any RSS extension that you like, open its page and click "Add to Chrome".
- Follow the instructions for the extension's installation, if there are ones.
Now, when you have the RSS extension, you can open our changelog RSS Feed and subscribe to it.
How to subscribe to the changelog RSS feed:
- Go to the page with the changelog RSS feed: https://api-docs.ecwid.com/changelog.rss
- Subscribe to the feed by following it via your RSS extension.
For example, if you use the "Feeder" extension for Google Chrome, you need to click the "Follow" button in the banner at the top of the page.
If you use the "RSS Subscription Extension (by Google)", you need to click "Subscribe now" at the top of the page in the newly opened tab.
This way, you'll subscribe to the feed, and you'll get notifications each time the changelog is updated.
If you have any questions about subscribing to the changelog RSS feed, feel free to contact us.